TRAVELFORCURE Management has hands-on work experience in the healthcare finance & management, consultancy, health insurance, malpractice and using high-end technologies in a multidisciplinary, culturally diverse environment in medicine. This multi-facet broad experience is critical for a mediator to make all the necessary organizations on behalf of the patient in order to ensure high quality medical services delivered in minimum time at affordable prices.
TRAVELFORCURE has established partnerships with hospitals and facilities that are accredited by JCI (Joint Commission International) and by ISO (International Organization for Standardization).In other words, it is the one-stop gateway to all accredited medical institutions in Turkey. This way, you have a direct link and fast access to the best and most experienced specialists and surgeons in the first-class medical facilities in Turkey.
The people from all over the world would prefer traveling outside their home countries to obtain medical procedures due to the long waiting times and skyrocketing healthcare costs back home. Now, thanks to the organized medical travel efforts, there is an opportunity for patients all over the world to seek good quality procedures and fast recovery period at more affordable prices available abroad.
Medical travel becomes more popular because of
• Increasing cost of healthcare and long waiting time in the developed countries,
• Globalization – a one world nation,
• Numerous JCI-accredited hospitals overseas,
• Affordability and wide-spread use of cutting-edge biomedical technologies in developing countries,
• Adapting international standardization/applications (DICOM, HL7, HIPAA, HIS, RIS and PACS) in medicine abroad,
• Ease and affordability of international travel,
• Favorable currency conversion rates.
Summary of some of the services provided by TRAVELFORCURE listed below
• Suggesting Hospitals/Clinics based on treatment required and budget
• Scheduling of medical appointments with follow-up care (pre-op and post-op evaluation)
• Arrangement of accommodation for patient, family members and attendants
• Arrangement of airport transfer
• Assistance with hospital admission and discharges
• Assistance with language interpretation
• Visit patients during their stay in hospital
• Provide emotional support if necessary during visit
• Assistance with payment procedures and in simplifying financial transactions
• Intervene in the event of any dispute with hospital
• Provide information about local dining, shopping, and pampering facilities
• Provide information about local culture and customs of destination
• Arrange for aftercare while in country
• Private transportation to-and-from doctor consultation –optional***
• Private transportation to-and-from medical procedure -optional ***
• Assist customer with baggage check-in upon departure –optional***
• Arrange for Airport medical assistance upon departure, if necessary –optional***
***All the optional services can be availed, if desired, at nominal service fees
The accreditation process is a voluntary process, endorsed also by the World Health Organization (WHO), which tests the quality of systems, processes, and outcomes of a healthcare organization. To comply with requirements of accreditation, organizations must pass a rigorous inspection, with re-accreditation inspections every three years.
For hospitals, ISO 9001 procedure is basically, described as an identification of the elements in clinical and administrative practices that contribute to desirable outcomes, documentation of those elements as standard practice of healthcare services. Here are a few benefits of ISO standardization in healthcare service providers
• Better communication among highly interdisciplinary workforce
• Identification of systemic problems and closing gaps or loopholes
• Clinical and business work flow optimization while maximizing resource utilization
• Proactive prevention mechanism for error-prone practices in medical applications towards better patient safety
• Standardization of forms used for documentation of patient care activities
• Development of patient-centric organization towards the maximizing customer satisfaction
• Facilitation to comply with healthcare quality certifications, accreditation standards and regulatory requirements
There are a number of state-of-the-art hospitals, healthcare facilities and western-trained doctors in Turkey.
It`s location is very convenient for a large number of potential medical tourists and it connects Europe and Asia continents like a bridge.
Both patients who have medical treatments in the hospitals of Turkey and patient referring insurance companies are very satisfied about the advanced technological infrastructure, the vocational experience and the knowledge of the medical staff working in these hospitals.
Overall cost of care in Turkey is much more affordable and significantly lower than that found in most of Western Europe and the U.S. In addition, there is no waiting time for any surgical procedures.
For instance, a person undergoes elective surgery operation as well as enjoys the natural and historic beauty of Turkey together with his/her partner +++ including airfare, board and lodging, personal tour guide, for the price of the same operation in their home country.
The core competence of the Turkish medical community is in the areas like Cosmetic surgery, Hair implants, Eye care/Surgery, Fertility Treatment/IVF, Rhinoplasty (nose reshaping surgery), Dental procedures, Cancer treatments/Oncology, Cardiac care (e.g. open heart surgeries, valve replacements), Orthopedic/Joint Surgery, Spinal Surgery, Prostate Surgery, Laparoscopic (gall bladder removal) surgeries and Executive Health Screenings.
One big differentiators about getting these medical procedures done in Turkey is of course the cost of medical procedures. Your benefit would be to get quality healthcare at affordable prices while enjoying your mini-vacation in Turkey. The second issue is the long waiting time. The third one is the stringent conditions in your health insurance policy. As an impact of soaring healthcare costs at home, you are obliged to abide by all types of scrutinizations of your health insurance during your treatment. Even if you live with them, you never know if you are eligible for a renewal of your policy due to your increasing health risks or you could afford increasing your plan deductibles every year. Why bother then? – especially, for the procedures not covered by your policy!
TRAVELFORCURE makes sure that you get high quality medical care at affordable price in reasonable time. We work with the well-trained and qualified physicians and JCI-accredited/ first-class medical institutions in Turkey in order to provide better care for you.
Last but not the least, as seen in the all other businesses, productivity and efficiency of the operations play an important role in the profit and loss structure of the hospitals. These are just a few possible scenarios why the prices vary from one hospital to another.
We have to take into account the difference in the cost of malpractice insurance between Turkey and USA. Of course, the salary differences between two countries play an important role too. Furthermore, favorable currency conversion rates are another differentiator in healthcare cost comparison between two countries.
• Make sure you have your medical images (e.g., MRIs, CT scans, PET/CT, SPECT images, OPGs, Angiograms) available in CD or accessible via online, e.g. web site of your medical center or private practice.
• Ask your healthcare provider (family physician, hospital or private practice) for a CD after your scan.
Second, either upload your medical records including medical images onto TRAVELFORCURE web site on the Internet or send the hard copies (for images, please include CD instead of printed films) by mail to our contact address.
Third, please do not forget to include your contact info (daytime phone number, convenient hours to call, including time zone, e.g. GMT-5) and your questions or requests for a medical review.
Last but not the least; it would be best if you could include contact information of your primary care doctor providing that he/she has the rights to discuss about your medical records)
The Outpatients (the patients who do not require to stay at Hospital) will not have to pay any advance prior to their treatment at point of care.
TRAVELFORCURE has a network of well-trained and skillful physicians, who work in JCI-accredited hospitals in Turkey. Doctors come first in the operations of TRAVELFORCURE in the medical treatments of patients. Hence, public, private and university hospitals are all in the network of TRAVELFORCURE.
TRAVELFORCURE gives importance to its network hospitals in order to be able to address the needs of patients by providing quality services and embodying many latest technological medical devices, which help patients on their way to a healthy tomorrow.
It is safe to that the real distance is not miles or flight hours, but is combined of “cost, quality and time” and it takes to know “who, where, when and how much” someone could get the best of the best of medical treatment available, accessible and affordable worldwide today.